Inter Milan appoint ex-Chelsea manager Antonio Conte

Antonio Conte has been named Inter Milan manager, replacing the sacked Luciano Spalletti. The 49-year-old returns to work in Italy after being dismissed by Chelsea at the end of last season. He spent two years at Stamford Bridge, where he won the Premier League and FA Cup, having previously claimed three Serie A titles as boss…

Pacers bounce out Pakistan for massive win

West Indies launched their World Cup 2019 campaign with a thumping seven-wicket victory over Pakistan, orchestrated by the pacers and garnished with a typical Chris Gayle fifty, at Trent Bridge on Friday. After bouncing out Pakistan for a lowly 105 inside 22 overs – their second-lowest in World Cups – the Caribbean side completed the…

Second season of Global T20 league to start on July 25

Toronto Nationals will clash against defending champions Vancouver Knights in the opening game of the second season of Global T20 League. The tournament will comprise a total of 22 matches, including the three Playoffs games and the final which will be played on 11th August. In the inaugural season of the tournament, there was no shortage…

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer must drop De Gea – Ian Wright

Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer must drop goalkeeper David de Gea following his recent mistakes, says ex-Premier League striker Ian Wright. The Spaniard spilled Antonio Rudiger’s 30-yard shot on Sunday, allowing Marcos Alonso to earn a point for Chelsea as United’s top-four hopes faded. De Gea has made three errors leading to a goal in…

James Faulkner says he is not gay after misunderstanding

Australian all-rounder James Faulkner says the support he has received from the LGBT community is “fantastic” – but it came after a misunderstanding. Faulkner shared a picture on Instagram alongside his mother and a man he described as his “boyfriend”. Followers, including former cricketers Glenn Maxwell and Shaun Tait, responded by praising his “great courage”.…

Alex Hales withdrawn from England World Cup squad

Alex Hales has been withdrawn from England’s preliminary World Cup squad to ensure the team is “free from any distractions”, the England & Wales Cricket Board has said. Last week, a spokesman for the batsman said he had been suspended following an “off-field incident”. Hales, 30, was part of a provisional 15-man squad named for the…