Coach: Roberto Martinez
Star player: Kevin De Bruyne
World Cup best: Fourth place 1986
How they got here: Unbeaten in qualifying, Belgium’s hugely talented squad will be hoping to build on their quarter-final appearance four years ago having reached the same stage at Euro 2016.
- Goalkeepers: Thibaut Courtois (Chelsea F.C.), Simon Mignolet (Liverpool F.C.), Matz Sels (R.S.C. Anderlecht), Koen Casteels (VfL Wolfsburg)
- Defenders: Toby Alderweireld (Tottenham Hotspur F.C.), Dedryck Boyata (Celtic F.C.), Leander Dendoncker (R.S.C. Anderlecht), Laurent Ciman (Los Angeles FC), Christian Kabasele (Watford F.C.), Vincent Kompany (Manchester City F.C.), Jordan Lukaku (SS Lazio), Thomas Meunier (Paris Saint-Germain F.C.), Thomas Vermaelen (FC Barcelona), Jan Vertonghen (Tottenham Hotspur F.C.)
- Midfielders: Yannick Carrasco (Dalian Yifang F.C.), Kevin de Bruyne (Manchester City F.C.), Nacer Chadli (West Bromwich Albion F.C.), Mousa Dembele ((Tottenham Hotspur F.C.), Marouane Fellaini (Manchester United F.C.), Eden Hazard (Chelsea F.C.), Thorgan Hazard (Borussia Mönchengladbach), Adnan Januzaj (Real Sociedad), Dries Mertens (S.S.C. Napoli), Youri Tielemans (AS Monaco FC), Axel Witsel (Tianjin Quanjian F.C.)
- Forwards: Michy Batshuayi ( Borussia Dortmund), Christian Benteke (Crystal Palace F.C.), Romelu Lukaku (Manchester United F.C.)
Coach: Hernan Dario Gomez
Star player: Gabriel Torres
World Cup best: Debut
How they got here: Panama have been edging closer to reaching the World Cup finals for the first time in recent tournaments and crossed the line this time thanks to a last-gasp 2-1 victory over Costa Rica in their final qualifier.
- Goalkeepers: Jaime Penedo (Dinamo Bucarest), Jose Calderon (Chorrillo), Alex Rodriguez (San Francisco).
- Defenders: Felipe Baloy (Municipal), Harold Cummings (San Jose Earthquakes), Eric Davis (Dunajska Streda), Fidel Escobar (New York Red Bulls), Adolfo Machado (Houston Dynamo), Michael Murillo (New York Red Bulls), Luis Ovalle (Olimpia), Roman Torres (Seattle Sounders).
- Midfielders: Edgar Barcenas (Cafetaleros de Tapachula), Armando Cooper (Universidad de Chile), Anibal Godoy (San Jose Earthquakes), Gabriel Gomez (Atletico Bucaramanga), Valentin Pimentel (Plaza Amador), Alberto Quintero (Universitario), Jose Luis Rodriguez (Ghent).
- Strikers: Abdiel Arroyo (Alajuelense), Ismael Diaz (Deportivo La Coruna), Blas Pérez (Municipal), Luis Tejada (Sport Boys), Gabriel Torres (Huachipato).
Coach: Nabil Maaloul
Star player: Wahbi Khazri
World Cup best: Group stage 1978, 1998, 2002, 2006
How they got here: After appearing at three consecutive finals without winning a single group game, Tunisia missed the last two editions. Unbeaten in qualifying, they defeated DR Congo to Russia by a point, with a last-round draw against Libya proving enough for a squad compromised largely of Tunisia-based players.
- Goalkeepers: Mathlouthi Aymen (Al Batin), Ben Cherifia Moez (ES Tunis), Ben Mustapha Farouk (Al Shabab), Moez Hassen (LB Chateauroux)
- Defenders: Hamdi Nagguez (Zamalek), Dylan Bronn (Gent), Rami Bedoui (ES Setif), Yohan Ben Olouane (Leicester City), Siyam Ben Youssef (Kasimpasa), Yessine Meriah (CS Sfaxien), Bilel Mohsni (Dundee United), Khalil Chammam (ES Tunis), Oussama Haddai (Dijon), Ali Maaloul (Al Ahly)
- Midfielders: Elyess Skhiri (Montpellier), Mohamed Amine Ben Amor (Al Ahly), Ghaylene Chalali (ES Tunis), Karim Laaribi (Cesena), Ferjani Sassi (Al Nassr), Ahmed Khlil (Club Africain), Seifeddine Khaoui (Troyes), Mohamed Wael Arbi (Tours)
- Forwards: Fakhreddine Ben Youssef (Al Ittifaq), Anice Badri (ES Tunis), Bassem Srarfi (Nice), Ahmed Akaichi (Al Ittihad), Wahbi Khazri (Rennes), Naim Sliti (Dijon), Sabeur Khlifa (Club Africain)
Coach: Gareth Southgate
Star player: Harry Kane
World Cup best: Winners 1966
How they got here: A comfortable qualification campaign did nothing to boost optimism for England’s chances in Russia. A first major tournament in charge for Southgate, with the Three Lions having failed to reach the quarter-finals at the last two World Cups.
- Goalkeepers: Jordan Pickford (Everton), Jack Butland (Stoke), Nick Pope (Burnley)
- Defenders: Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool), Kyle Walker (Man City) Kieran Trippier, Danny Rose (both Tottenham), Harry Maguire (Leicester), Phil Jones (Man Utd), John Stones (Man City), Gary Cahill (Chelsea)
- Midfielder: Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Eric Dier, Dele Alli (both Tottenham), Jesse Lingard, Ashley Young (both Man Utd), Fabian Delph (Man City), Ruben Loftus-Cheek (Chelsea)
- Forwards: Raheem Sterling (Man City), Jamie Vardy (Leicester), Harry Kane (Tottenham), Marcus Rashford (Man Utd), Danny Welbeck (Arsenal)