Man United frustrated as Man City, Arsenal and Liverpool all win

Jose Mourinho endured another frustrating day as Manchester Unitedmanager as he watched from the stands and saw his side draw 0-0 with Burnley.

United were unable to find a way past an inspired Tom Heaton, and in the second half Mourinho watched from the stands after reportedly being sent off after venting his frustrations.

Despite continuing to dominate the match, United were reduced to 10 men in the 68th minute after Ander Herrera received a second yellow, leaving United four league matches without a win.

The Red Devils pressed for a breakthrough regardless of their numerical disadvantage, but Burnley held on despite coming under heavy pressure.

Sergio Aguero starred to ensure Manchester City returned to winning ways and are top of the table on goal difference, as he netted twice in a 4-0 win over West Bromwich Albion.

Aguero, restored to the starting XI, scored his first City goal in over a month when Ilkay Gundogan fed the Argentina international, who made no mistake against goalkeeper Ben Foster.

City doubled their advantage in the 28th minute, Aguero again on target with a thunderous drive into the top corner from distance.

Gundogan then grabbed the goal that ensured Pep Guardiola’s team are above Arsenal on goal difference, the Germany international assisted by Aguero.

Former Borussia Dortmund player Gundogan put the icing on the cake for Guardiola, who had gone six matches without a win in all competitions, to make it 4-0 late on.

Olivier Giroud and Alexis Sanchez both scored braces as second-placed Arsenal recorded a 4-1 win over Sunderland at the Stadium of Light in Saturday’s early kickoff.

Arsenal broke the deadlock on 19 minutes when Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain whipped in a cross from the right and Alexis Sanchez powered a header past goalkeeper Jordan Pickford.

The Gunners dominated much of the play after their opener but could not find a second. They were made to pay when Jermain Defoe slammed home from the penalty spot after Duncan Watmore went down under a challenge by goalkeeper Petr Cech.

Arsenal restored their advantage just six minutes later when Olivier Giroud came off the bench to score with his first touch, volleying into the corner from Kieran Gibbs’ cross.

Giroud’s second of the game made it 3-1 on 76 minutes, heading in from Mesut Ozil’s corner, before Sanchez also grabbed a brace, sliding past Pickford from close range after Gibbs hit the post.

Liverpool moved up to third, level on points with Man City and Arsenal, after coming out on top in a six-goal thriller to win 4-2 at Crystal Palace.

A frantic first half saw Palace come from behind twice to pull level, only for the Reds to edge back ahead on the stroke of half-time through Joel Matip, with Roberto Firmino then making sure of the result with a fourth in the second period.

Emre Can opened the scoring inside 16 minutes, slotting a deflected effort into the bottom corner after being teed up by Alberto Moreno.

But Palace were back on level terms just two minutes later after Dejan Lovren sliced a horrible clearance into the path of James McArthur, who was able to head over the oncoming Loris Karius.

Lovren, however, turned from villain to hero five minutes later as he climbed highest down the other end to head home Philippe Coutinho’s in-swinging corner. McArthur got on the score sheet again before Liverpool pulled away with two further goals.

Tottenham Hotspur remain unbeaten in the top flight this season but drew for a third league game in a row as champions Leicester City battled for a 1-1 draw at White Hart Lane.

Shortly after Dele Alli hit the crossbar, Tottenham went in front as Vincent Janssen scored his first Premier League goal from the spot after being brought down in the penalty area.

Leicester hit back three minutes into the second half through Ahmed Musa, who slid home from Jamie Vardy’s low cross.

Middlesbrough clinched their second top-flight win of the season as they saw off in-form Bournemouth with a 2-0 triumph on Riverside.

Aitor Karanka’s men took the lead just before the break, Gaston Ramirez embarking on a fine run before cutting inside and slotting home in style for the home side.

Boro took a two-goal lead thanks to Stewart Downing’s 56th-minute goal, tucking home from Alvaro Negredo’s header.

Hull City’s rotten run of form continued as Mike Phelan’s side suffered a 1-0 loss to Watford at Vicarage Road.

Watford hit the woodwork twice in quick succession during the first half with Younes Kaboul and Roberto Pereyra both denied.

But they found the back of the net with seven minutes left on the clock, Hull’s Michael Dawson diverting into his own net to ensure the visitors remain in the relegation zone and have not won in the league since the second match of the season.

Espn Fc


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s